Basic Rules for Goldens who Have a House to Run|
1. If you have to
throw up, get into a chair, QUICKLY! If you cant manage that in time, get to an
Oriental rug. If no Oriental rug is available, any good rug will do. (middle of the bed is
2. ALWAYS accompany guests to the bathroom. Its not necessary to do anything; just
sit and stare. (and then always jump up and look in the bowl when they flush)
3. Do not allow closed doors in ANY room. To get a door opened, stand on your hind legs
and hammer with your forepaws.
4. When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen
and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on, picked up, and consoled with food.
(And to get twice the number of treats, demand one before you go out and another when you
come back in . . . two treats for only a few drops of urine)
5. Once a door is opened, its not necessary to use it. After youve ordered an
outside door opened, stand halfway in and halfway out and think about several things.
Its particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, and mosquito
6. Begin people-training early. Youll then have a smooth-running household. Humans
need to know the basic rules. They can be taught if you start early and are consistent.