You Might be a Dog Person if . . .|
By Carolyn E. Finefrock copyright June 2004
1. After wearing your clean socks in the house for just one minute, your feet look
about as furry as your dogs paws.
2. Your dog is found laying in your pajamas and later you think nothing of putting
them on anyway.
3. You dont mind if your dog comes to say hello while youre in the
bathroom and actually think its quite funny.
4. You get a kick out of saying various buzz words to your dog, just to
watch him tilt his head and twitch his ears as though he understands you.
5. You actually know a Kong isnt just related to some giant movie
6. You think nothing about discussing the frequency, consistency and even color of
your dogs #2s with your dog-loving friends.
7. Youve been known to talk more about dog food than people food with your
8. You shed tears over the passing of a beloved dog as though he were a human being,
and in your heart, (he is.)
9. You feel oddly incomplete if there isnt at least one dog laying near your
10. Most of your friends love dogs too because those who dont, are not really
interested in hearing about yours.
11. Your kitchen floor usually has a puddle from kicking a water bowl as you pass which
means your furry socks are usually slightly damp.
12. You get excited about going to the pet store.
13. You love songs and poems ... all about dogs.
14. The idea of a dog being mistreated or neglected in any way shape or form can send you
into a righteously indignant fit.
15. Others may listen for the sounds of chirping birds when they awaken. You listen for
the thumping of a tail against a wall or the feel of a fuzzy snout poking under your hand.
16. Dog hair is just something you learn to get over and vacuuming becomes something you
dont really mind all that much.
17. You know the maddening feeling of having a sick dog is just as bad as having a sick
baby who cant communicate to you how he is feeling.
18. You know there will always be dogs in your life ... no matter what people say and no
matter how much they might gripe about it. Your only exception to this rule is if you do
not have the ability to provide a safe, healthy home for your dog(s).
19. Even the type of vehicle you own has a special spot for your dog(s) and trucks ...why
do you think SUVs are so popular?
20. You know dogs serve very well as 4-legged antidepressants, just by watching their